Fares & Passes
Trinity Metro and DART Fare Structure for TRE
Trinity Metro Local Tickets include West Zone TRE (between Fort Worth and CentrePort) service plus all Trinity Metro buses, TEXRail and ZIPZONE vans (except Alliance zone).
Passengers boarding at CentrePort to go east should purchase a DART Local Fare if only traveling in the East Zone. Travel ACROSS the fare zone boundary requires a REGIONAL Ticket. Regional Passes and Regional Reduced Passes include all zones of TRE service, plus all Trinity Metro buses, Trinity Metro TEXRail, all DART buses and trains and the DCTA A-train and buses in Lewisville and Denton. To purchase a reduced fare, user must have valid identification and be ages 5-19, seniors age 65+, persons with disabilities, or Medicare card holders. Click here to view more information about Trinity Metro Reduced Tickets.
DART Local Fares: DART buses and trains; Trinity Railway Express (TRE) service between EBJ Union Station and CentrePort Station; GoLink. DART Regional Fares: DART buses and trains; all TRE service; Trinity Metro in Fort Worth; and DCTA in Denton.* DART Reduced Fare Structure:
- Seniors 65+ and non-Paratransit disabled showing valid DART-issued photo ID or Medicare card.
- Children elementary through middle school; children under 5 are free (maximum of 2 per trip) when accompanied by an adult (18 or older) paying the appropriate Local, Regional or Reduced fare; any additional child under the age of five traveling with that adult, or any child accompanied only by person(s) younger than age 18, shall be charged the reduced fare.
- High School students with valid DART-issued photo ID or high school student photo ID within the DART service area (now valid seven days a week).
- Full-time undergraduate students attending college/trade schools in the DART service area with a DART-issued student ID, and whose schools are not participating in the Higher Education Program. To find out if your school participates, visit DART.org/students.
- Service area residents participating in a transitional program administered by an approved social agency, with a valid DART-issued ID. Participants with a Lone Star Card with Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program benefits qualify for reduced fare on monthly local and regional passes only.
Regional fares include DART and Trinity Metro local and express buses, Trinity Metro TEXRail and DART Rail, plus all DCTA services.
To Purchase A Reduced Fare: User must be ages 5 -14 (traveling with parent or guardian), high school student with valid photo ID issued by the transit agency or school or age 65+ or disabled with a valid photo ID issued by the transit agency or Medicare card. Day Pass valid for unlimited trips until 3 a.m. the following day. To view DART or Trinity Metro Fare/Ticket structure and all services available with each fare/ticket type, click on the links below.
State Law Change: Effective September 1, 2003 – people riding TRE trains without paying the appropriate fare will be subject to a fare evasion citation requiring them to pay a $75.00 administrative penalty.
Monthly/Annual Pass Holders:
Please be sure to have your pass available for inspection every time you ride the train. If you have forgotten it, you will need to purchase a non-refundable day pass or single ride ticket before boarding. TRE relies an “honor system” with random fare inspection. Anyone riding without a valid pass or ticket will be issued a citation, and fees or fines cannot be waived. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you need trip planning assistance, call Trinity Metro at 817-215-8600, or DART at 214-979-1111.